Display Showcase‎ > ‎Buckhurst Court‎ > ‎Updates‎ > ‎

Working out the power problem....

posted Nov 17, 2011, 7:30 PM by David Williams
So this year I've added a 125 Amp sub-panel just for the Christmas lights! I've also added two new controllers. One will be for animating the Mega Tree a little more, and the other is split with a new project (to be seen) and some of the candy canes. So that gives me some free channels (by moving the controls for part of the candy canes) that I now can use for other parts of the display. But I need to balance out all the power with what I'm trying to accomplish. So that takes time staring at a spreadsheet of all the channels and how much power each requires. Once I get it where I like it I then need to reprogram the sequences. I'm still shooting to have the show running on my traditional date (Sat. after Thanksgiving). So stop by to see the early event. But that is just when things start. I'll then be working on the new parts of the display and hope to have them included the following weekend. But check back here for updates....
Comments